Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hanging with the Mckenzies

This past week we got to spend some time with our good friends Billy and Brenda Mckenzie and their two kids, Jacob and Jayda. Jayda was born just over a month after Macy so we think that's pretty cool. We definitely don't get to see them nearly enough since they moved down to Bakersfield. It was only a short visit but we enjoyed every minute of it. It was great to see Macy and Jayda playing together (if you could call it that!) and hopefully it will be the start of a lifelong friendship. It was kinda crazy to have all of these people (especially babies) in our small town home but it seemed to work out OK. I think Macy likes it when there are a lot of people around. That's a good thing considering I work at a church and am around lots of people all the time! Of course, all good things have to come to an end and we parted ways so that they could visit other people. We don't know when we'll get to see them again but I'm sure both girls will have changed a lot the next time we do. I personally think they should move back up to the NW but I understand that we've all got jobs to do. It's funny how life changes and we all grow up, get married, have children. Sometimes I feel exactly like I did 10 years ago but I know in reality that I've changed a lot as we all do. Well, I didn't mean to get all philosophical but it is interesting to sit back and reflect.

2 comments:

Aimee Jo said...

Oh man! If only Anaiah could be there to play :(

Actually, she would probably say "Hi" in a really sweet voice and then smack them both in the face... as lovingly as possible of course.

Love you guys

brenda said...

We had a great time, really appreciate you letting us crash your joint for a night! It was difficult to say goodbye (as it always is) but we will always have something great to look foreward to...