Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm on strike!

I guess all good things eventually do come to an end. We were doing so well with Macy's feedings that I didn't expect it when she decided to go on what they call a "feeding strike". It's not that she won't eat at all, she just doesn't eat as much and when she does eat, she fusses like crazy. This obviously effects her overall day and her sleep somewhat. She still sleeps pretty well but she's not doing as well as she was the previous 3-4 weeks. It really started to happen just before Kristy and Macy left for San Diego for Kristy's grandmother's funeral but we just thought it was a one time occurrence. She (Macy) did ok in SD but when they came back she started her strike. It's kinda distressing when you can't really figure out exactly why they act the way they do or what they want. It doesn't really help that the weather has been extremely warm the past 3 days. Don't get me wrong, I like sunny weather but unfortunately we don't have any AC in our house so it can get pretty warm and uncomfortable for all of us. I guess that this will give us a preview of what to expect for most of the summer. I'm currently working on getting our bedroom AC setup so I'll have to hurry that process up. On Friday, we went to the doctor for Macy's checkup and everything seems to be going as it should be. The doctor reassured us that the "feeding strike" was common and not to worry too much (easy for her to say!). This was also the appointment where Macy was supposed to get all of her immunization shots. Kristy has been really concerned about the effects of the shots and bought a book on the subject as well as discuss it with other people. I figured that getting shots were perfectly fine and normal but there's a lot of other considerations that go along with that (which I won't go into now). We ended up giving Macy on one shot but what I didn't necessarily expect was that both Kristy and I got one as well! Man, my arm is still a little sore from that bad boy. Anyway, it's been an eventful last 4 days or so. Parenthood can definitely throw a few curve balls your way so you've got to be ready.

No comments: