Friday, May 2, 2008

Lettin' Loose

Ya know, when Macy was only about a week old someone said to me that things would get easier and she would become a lot more interactive. As they said this I remember thinking in my head how much I wanted to slap them in the face for their ridiculousness but now I'm starting to hear the truth in their statement. Granted, things aren't necessarily "easy" right now but we've started to get into a routine and groove. Macy is starting to interact with us more and more each day and that is certainly encouraging. Parenthood is something that has flipped my world on its head. I didn't really realize the amount of time I spent (before Macy) just hanging and messing around. Now it seems as though almost all of my "awake" time is occupied with something Macy-related. I definitely don't get around to some of my old hobbies/recreation (reading, movies, PS3) like I used to. I wonder if that will come back around in time. Part of me wants to be done with this early stage (the lazy, slacker part) and move on to the stage where she's more responsive. Maybe I just need to enjoy this time for what it is and let the other stuff come when it's time. I will say that no matter how hard things can get, I just keep falling in love with Macy more each day. Sappy I know, but it's the truth. It's times like these (see pic) that tells me what I'm doing is one of the coolest things in the world.

-Tim



5 comments:

Kim W. said...

Hey Tim! It's Kim (Calkins). It has been a LONG time since I've seen or talked to you -- I really don't remember when it last was -- but congrats on getting married (I have no idea how late I am on that one!) and congrats on yalls beautiful baby girl! I found yalls site through Crystal's and just wanted to say hi. Yall have an adorable little girl -- and such a beautiful family! I hope yall are doing great, and I look forward to hopefully being able to keep up to date with yall via your blog. I don't want to leave my email on here, but Crystal has it if you would like to email me. I would love to hear from you! Take care.
Kim Watson
PS. We have 2 little boys...and don't worry, it DOES get easier, and EVERY DAY gets MORE AND MORE FUN! Just when I thought "this is the best!" I woke up to an even better day with our boys. Parenthood is like nothing else. It is the best thing in the world; so glad yall have sweet Macy! Give her hugs and kisses from our Jake and Jack! :)

Crystal said...

Tim, I wouldn't say parenting gets easier, just different. Every stage brings new things to learn. Try to cherish this stage as much as you can. It goes so fast!

Andrew Martin said...

Hey man! I'm so glad to be getting a chance to see your little bundle of joy. I remember when Aimee and I were still around and would watch you interact with Anaiah. I knew when I saw how you loved on our girl that you were going to be a great dad and that you were going to be falling in love with your precious baby.

Thanks for blogging and letting us all know whats going on. Its great for Aimee and I to see the pics and read the updates. Sometimes we forget that the world is still turning and everyone else is not just as we remember them.

We love you guys and miss you lots. Give Macy a kiss for us :)

brenda said...

She is getting to be a big girl! I am really glad I get to keep up with what's going on with you guys! In case you weren't aware, it is always sunny here in So Cal. Keep up the date night, there are a lot of good-looking blockbusters coming out this summer...

Chris said...

It comes back around when she turns 12 or so and can stay home alone. :)