Tuesday, August 5, 2008

All by myself :(

So this morning I dropped off Kristy and Macy at the airport for their flight to New Orleans. Kristy goes to a Shaklee (her business) Convention every year and New Orleans was the place they picked. They'll be gone for a total of 5 days and I'm already missing them. I'm glad that Kristy will get a chance to see her family while she's there and that she'll get all pumped up about her business. This is the longest trip that Macy's ever taken so we were both a little apprehensive about the whole thing. Actually, Macy is quite the seasoned traveler for a baby. Kristy has taken her twice to San Diego since she's been born. This is quite a different trip however since they have a long layover and change of planes. I'm sure both of them will do fine and it won't mess up Macy's routine too much. I guess we'll find out when she gets back. I'm not sure exactly what I'll do in the time their gone (besides work stuff). People have been telling me that I'll get more sleep but we've been doing pretty well in that department even with Macy around. I'm thinking that I might sleep worse since I'm used to having both of them around each night. A few weekends ago I was out of town and I slept horribly at the hotel I was staying at. I don't know if being away from home (and the family) had something to do with it but I suspect it did. I don't know, maybe I'll go see a few movies. Maybe I'll finish that book I started back in May. Maybe I'll get a chance to hang out with some friends I haven't see that much since I became a parent. Maybe I'll just vege and do nothing! I'm open if anyone out there has suggestions. Whatever happens I know that I'll be thinking about my girls often. I hope that others out there know and feel my pain...

1 comment:

Crystal said...

You are such a dad now! I love it!:)