Monday, August 25, 2008

Lots of Firsts

Well, Macy has had lots of firsts lately, so I wanted to put up some pics. She has officially had her first solid food! We started feeding her rice cereal last weekend. She's still not quite sure what to do with it exactly. It sits on her tongue a lot and she keeps her mouth open as long as possible before she has to close her mouth and swallow. It doesn't smell particularly appetizing, so I think she'll be more interested once the food starts tasting better. I've been working on that - cooking up a storm of foods for her real baby food in a few weeks. I'm making it at home, so she'll all set. We have a freezer full of tiny portions of peas, carrots, green beans and potatoes so far. So far her poopies are still the same (completely disgusting! Thank you, formula) but I'm sure they'll be multi-colored soon enough.
Another big first is that Macy went to her first Sunday school class two weeks ago. It was amazing how engaged she was in all the songs and puppets. I was so happy for her and also a little sad for me that my little girl is already old enough for school! I know, I know, it's Sunday school, not undergrad, but still. She's growing up so fast. It was really cool though that she can already learn about all the awesome things that God has done for her. It's definitely a blessing to be a part of a church family and to have your kids benefit from that. This is a picture of her with her little New Testament they pass around the little table. How cute!
She's also decided to sleep longer at night and not need to be swaddled...what a little trooper:) We're very proud. And just in time too, cuz Faith Quest is this weekend!!!!! More news to come after the biggest event of our year...

No comments: